$5 suggested donation. Tuesdays at 10am, starting 6/1 and ending 8/17.
Designed for elementary aged children, but we’ll adapt the subject to meet any and all ages present! Bring the whole family to learn about the topic—hands-on, meeting animals, and outdoor exploration all included. Parents and guardians are required to remain with their kids through the hour-long program.
Come up to Tanglewood for fun, hands-on, science exploration on Tuesdays! Each week a new theme: Geocaching, Insect ID, How Tos of Lean Tos, etc.
All of these programs will be entirely outside, and therefore, weather dependent—we’ll go ahead in light mist but in truly inclement weather we will cancel. Please check our website for cancelation notices.
· 6/22 Mad Science Round One
· 6/29 Let’s Explore Outdoors! Scavenger Hunt
· 7/6 Which Way Do I Go? Geocaching Adventure
· 7/13 Trees from A-Z
· 7/20 Mad Science Round Two
· 7/27 The How-Tos of Building Lean-Tos
· 8/3 Prepare for Fun: Wilderness Safety
· 8/10 Adaptations and Migrations
· 8/17 Build It, Float It: Will Your Natural Sailboat Float?
Nature Center and Museum location:443 Coleman Avenue Elmira NY 14903
Phone: (607) 732-6060
Nature Center and Museum hours: OPEN Tuesday-Friday, 9am-4pm, and Saturday 10am-4pm. CLOSED Sunday-Monday. Trails are open dawn to dusk year-round.
Admission to the Nature Center and Museum is FREE to all. Please consider becoming a member of Tanglewood!