Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we will hold our annual fund raiser virtually. By signing up for our first Trek for Tanglewood event, you will be supporting the preservation of over 300 acres of forever wild land and the education of 30,000 children on the wonders and importance of the natural world.
How does it work?
1. Register online! There is a minimum participation fee of $30 which includes a t-shirt and one photo category entry (see categories below). Registrations by August 20th are guaranteed a t-shirt, but you can register right up to the last day.
2. Participate by hiking any distance at any location between September 17th and October 1st. Snap a picture while on your hike appropriate for one of the prize categories.
3. Ask your family and friends to sponsor your hike.
4. A special prize will be presented to the hiker who raises the most money for Tanglewood. Prizes announced via Facebook Live October 2nd at 2pm!
You can take more pictures if you want to be eligible for more prizes (additional $5/photo category entry).
· Most creative family hiking photo
· Best hiking photo with a pet
· Most inspiring nature selfie while on a hike
· Funniest hiking photo
· Most unique nature finding while hiking
Click here to review the photo policy before registering: Trek for Tanglewood Photo Release Form.pdf
All contest photos must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive an email when the T-shirts are ready for pick up. We are aiming for the beginning of September. All t-shirts must be picked up in person at the Nature Center.
A photo release form must be filled out, signed and submitted to Tanglewood for everyone in a photo. Your photo will not be entered in the contest if we do not receive the photo release form. You can email the form with your submission, drop them off at Tanglewood or mail them.